Are you ready for summer?
Follow these tips to make sure your A&S home is summer-ready:
- Wash your windows and doors, including the screens.
- Replace the batteries in your smoke detectors and carbon monoxide detectors.
- Turn off your HRV before turning on your AC unit.
- Spray the outside of your air conditioner with water to remove any dirt/debris that may be stuck in the fins. (water will not harm your air conditioner, but make sure the unit is turned off)
- Clean your HRV filters by rinsing them under warm water; let air dry.
- Make sure that drapes and furniture are away from all air vents.
- Make sure that downspouts are down and pointing away from your house.
- Clean eaves if necessary.
Tend to your outdoor living space, too!
- Clean your deck/patio area with a pressure washer as needed.
- Inspect and clean outdoor play equipment.
- Prepare and plant your garden.
- Check out our landscaping tips to ensure your yard is looking
its best this summer!
Did you know?
You can help keep your home cool without spiking your energy bill. With the hot summer sun shining in through your windows, the temperature inside your home will naturally rise. To keep your home comfortably cool, make sure your window coverings are closed during the hottest points of the day (typically between noon and 3:00 PM). You can also run your ceiling fans to keep your home from feeling muggy. This can make a room feel up to 10 degrees cooler!
Happy home, happy summer!
By following these simple tips and tricks, you and your home can stay comfortable no matter what weather this summer brings. Enjoy!