Are you ready for spring?
Make sure your home is ready for spring with these easy maintenance tips:
- Activate and inspect your air conditioning system.
- Adjust your registers and confirm that cold air returns are clear of furniture and drapery.
- Test your sump pump and install your drainage hose.
- Lower downspout extensions.
- Clean your gutters and confirm that the downspouts drain away from the house.
- Look for settling of backfill soil; check your foundation and concrete slab, and fill in where necessary to maintain positive drainage.
- Test exterior faucets for broken pipes.
Extra steps to help you keep your home looking beautiful all spring long.
- Activate and adjust your sprinkler system.
- Check your garage overhead door, tighten loose bolts, and lubricate the springs with motor oil. Have other repairs done by professionals.
- Check exterior paint and stained surfaces; refinish as needed.
- Check exterior caulking; touch up as needed.
- Inspect the grout around tiles; touch up as needed.
- Wash all windows and screens, clean weep holes, and lubricate tracks.
- Inspect for shrinkage damage to drywall and trims; repair as needed.
Did you know?
With the rise in seasonal temperatures, especially since we have been experiencing sudden temperature changes, you may notice some moisture on your basement floor. This is a completely normal part of the settling process and nothing to worry about. Your concrete basement walls contain a significant amount of moisture that releases gradually over a period of two years as the concrete cures.
Make sure to clean your HRV.
By following these simple maintenance tips, you help ensure that your home is as ready for spring as you are.
Print out this checklist for easier maintenance.