This month, we’re celebrating 45 years of tradition. All month, we’ll be sharing the traditional recipes that the A&S team enjoys during the holiday season—a little gift from our family to yours.
This easy, make-ahead recipe comes from Frank Spezzano, A&S Homes’ VP Business Development, Residential.
- 16 slices of white bread, crusts removed
- “A good amount” of cheese slices
- “A nice serving” of sliced ham or back bacon
- 6 eggs
- ¼ cup onion, minced
- 2 tsp. worcestershire sauce
- ½ tsp. black pepper
- ½ tsp. dry mustard
- ¼ cup green pepper, finely chopped
- 3 cups milk
- ½ cup butter or margarine
- “Some” lightly sweetened corn or rice cereal, crushed
- Cover the bottom of a greased 9×13 glass pan with 8 slices of bread, laying the bread flat.
- Cover the bread with a layer of ham.
- Add a layer of cheese and top with another layer of bread, using the remaining 8 slices.
- In a bowl, whisk eggs, pepper, mustard, onion, green pepper, and Worcestershire sauce.
- Pour this mixture over the bread and cover with plastic wrap. Refrigerate overnight.
- In the morning, remove the dish from the fridge and uncover.
- Combine melted butter and crushed cereal. Evenly spread this mixture over the top of the layered dish.
- Bake uncovered at 350°F for 1 hour.
- Let stand 10 minutes.
Serve and enjoy!
If you try this recipe, let us know! Share a picture on Instagram and tag @aandshomes.