- Freedom to grow the business – without being micromanaged
- Strong compensation plan
- Long term stability of organization
- Organization that is committed to your career advancement
- We strive for a constant improvement of the employee experience
- Organization that is committed to the community
- No two days are ever the same!
To provide supervisory oversight for all phases of the build process from Excavation to the Pre-possession 5 days prior to Possession by the homeowner. This includes making sure the site is safe, coordinating sub-trades and materials to site, ensuring that specifications are being followed, and work is being done at the required quality levels and proceeding as per the production schedule.
- Ensure construction site is safe, clean, organized and that all sub-trades are following applicable Safety & Health procedures in accordance with A & S Homes and Manitoba Safety & Health Act.
- Provide direction to sub-trades as required to get work done as per the production schedule.
- Coordinate materials to site.
- Inspections completed on a daily basis whether it is to follow up on work done or a framing inspection with framing sub-trade or ensuring site is ready for City Inspection.
- Ensure all work is being done as per drawings and specifications at the required quality levels.
- Ensure that the work done by sub-trades are completed as per scheduled dates and production schedules are updated at a minimum of twice a week.
- Communicate with both internal staff and Homeowners to gather or receive information and resolve issues
Ideally you will have this background:
- Demonstrated proficiency in written/oral communication in the English language
- Extensive construction management leadership
- Strong secondary and/or trades education
- Strong people management background
- Planning and organizational skills.
- Effective Time Management.
- Communicate effectively.
- Be able to problem solve.
- Be able to demonstrate professionalism, be courteous and team orientated.
- Have basic computer knowledge – i.e. emails, be able to input information into construction software
- Ability to adapt to changing priorities quickly and effectively.
Type of Person Who Will Succeed in this Role:
- Confident – with an outgoing personality
- Passionate – results driven
- Directive personality – solves problems
- Sense of urgency – with a high tolerance for ambiguity
- Detail oriented – with a high degree of accuracy
- Motivated – a team player
- Dental care
- Disability insurance
- Extended health care
- Life insurance
- On-site parking
- 8 hour shift
- Monday to Friday
- AEC / DEP or Skilled Trade Certificate (preferred)
- People Management: 5 years (preferred)
- Home Construction: 5 years (preferred)
- Class 5 (required)
Please forward your resume in writing to:
300-900 Lorimer Blvd.
Canada, R3P 2V4
Email: [email protected]
We thank all of those who apply. Only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.